Scott Kirkpatrick (Greenville)
- Romans 5:6-8
- Christ died for me.
- Ephesians 2:13-16
- Matthew 4:8-10
- Satan tried to get Jesus to trade
- Say no to Internet Pornography
- Change our schedules
- Truly repent – be penatant & decisive
- Matthew 8:1-
- Luke 6:12-
- Matthew 28:16-
- When the apostles came off the mountain, they made disciples, we got the book of Acts
- Get back to basics
- We will never solve a problem that we won’t face.
- Do I have the purpose of Christ in my heart?
- Jesus plan is just for each of us to help another person
- since when is sacrifice, moving from 1 rich American city to another?
- be frugal savers not credit bengers
- Mark 9: – coming off the mountain is tough
- there is no sugar coating this
- We can not fade … don’t forget!
- 1 Peter 5:5
- We had become the message. We should have never been the message. It is God’s mercy & His s
- 2 Corinthians 5:5-10
- 17k Islands
- 4k Disciples in 29 cities
- Mathew 13:32
- Why did God describe the kingdom of God as a mustard seed?
- God believes that even the smallest seed can make a big impact. What can 1 disciple do?
- 1 Disciple started a church
- Church planting doubled in 1 year
- there are 17k disciples here tonight – 16k new churches 🙂
Emmanual Emmah (Lagos Nigeria)
- if you believe, you can say to that mountain, move, and it will
- Psalm 145:1-7
- Physical mountains & spiritual mountains
- Biggest mountain to move is the generational mountain
- Mountains can either elevate or obstruct
- Am I willing to move?
- Poem: Black Man Who Dream
Alex Paiz (Rio De Janero)
- Mark 1:15
- Cronos (cronoligical time) & Chaios (special time, God’s time)
- This is Chaios – a special time, God’s time
- This was just after John the Baptist had been put in jail by Herod, so he went right into Herod’s backyard and preached this.
- Have you prayed to be a missionary? Have you prayed to serve where the greatest needs are?
- What is holding you back?
- Old: Abraham was 75 when he was called.
- Young: Timothy was a teen when he was called.
- The time has come!
Brian Campbell (Campus minister from Denver Colorado)
Cynacism is …
But with God, mountains can be climbed,
Robert Carillo (San Diego Coc)
Men’s Leadership in the Family
As a sinner to sinners – nobody is perfect, yet we are commanded to be perfect.
- Conviction to follow advice.
- We need convictions to be a great husband & father. – I need to lead my house!
- the greatest mountain is to lead our families to heaven
- Exodus 23:17 – Three times a year all the men are to appear before the Sovereign Lord.”
- Men are trashed by popular culture. – That is the image of men my son is growing up with.
- Men used to solve problems & rescue.
- Even the heros have serious issues (batman, iron man, hulk, etc.)
- Who do our sons have to look up to?
- Who do our daughters have to encourage them?
- Fathers make a difference!
- We have a generation of children growing up having no idea who Jesus is.
- 150 – 200 Million orphans. Huge global problem!
- God’s plan breaks down when fathers don’t do their job.
- Genesis 18:18-20
- Exodus 10:1-2
- Deuteronomy 4:8-10
- Deuteronomy 6:4-7
- Leviticus 18:21
- Leviticus 20:2
- They were sacrificing their children; how our we sacrificing our children to sports (Nike), academics, pride?
- Luke 17
- God wants to rescue our children, should be from the world & not from us.
- Malachi 4:1-6 (God ends the OT with a curse – scary – depends on hearts of children & parents being turned to each other).
- Luke 1:8-17 — why did John the Baptist come? to make a people ready for the Lord — this is our charge as brothers, especially our children
- PREPARE MY CHILDREN, PREPARE MY HOUSE FOR THE COMING OF THE LORD!
- Psalm by the music director for David, Asaph – Ezra 3:11 – found his children singing His love endures forever! – 500 years later!!!
- I need to fight (Satan) for my children!
John Lewey (Singapore Church Evangelist)
- Statistically children who have a great relationship with their parents have fewer health problems.
- Ephesians 6:1-3 — Children obey your parents … so that it will go well with you.
- Fathers teach children how to regulate their emotions, thru play.
- 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12 (encourage, comfort, urge)
- Help Adolescents By Providing a Voice of Reason
- Mothers bring out the problems, Fathers are better at solving them — both are needed!
- #1 predictor of premarital sex was viewing pornography
- We (as fathers) make assumptions & are lazy.
- Help Adolescents By _____
- I need to spend time with each of my kids each week, 1:1.
- What are your highs & what are the lows?
- Be a positive role model. As a father, as a husband.
- Be constantly encouraging!
- Stay involved thru thick & thin.
- Do not exasperate. (Ephesians 6:4)
- I need to be available to talk about all emotions.
- What do I not like to talk about?
- Need to get connected.
- Spend time 1:1 with each child – very specific – model the be
- http://www.gep.sg to download slides
- Caleb wanted the hill country.
- It was going to be hard; the Anakites were there.
- It was a challenge.
- God has a challenge for each of us.
- The challenges help us to get out of our comfort zone.
- We have to decide that we are going to take the hill country.
What will it take?
- God said Caleb had a different spirit:
- A trusting sport. We need to belied God.
- Proverbs 3:5
- Psalm 37:3-6
- We need to trust God. He is faithful.
- We have to trust our leaders. If we don’t trust we won’t give our heart.
- Leaders have to be humble to get trust.
- We have to trust each other.
- We must trust sister churches.
- You have to start with wanting to trust.
- There is a price to pay for building unity & trust. – We need to pay that price. We have to pay it.
- Satan loves division.
- Number 13:21
- Time to fight for what we want.
- We have to try to do something. We may fail, but we may not.
- The victory was that they tried.
- Who is helping me?
The conference is being broadcast on http://www.dtoday.tv
a site created by Disciples Today.
Turn our hearts back to God & to children
Do I believe that God can provide on the
mountain of the Lord?
Genuine Faith or Damaging Hypocrisy
bit hard to follow scripture references – here)
2 Timothy 1:5
If it is not your life to be a disciple, then
your teens will see the hypocrisy.
bring them up -> training & nurture them.
affection & unconditional love
heart-to-heart – lost in discipline
Produce a home environment that is loving & lavishing. Affection must
go before the discipline.
Home should be safe.
Understand where they are. Ask questions.
1 Chronicles 28:9
Meet kids where they are at.
My relationship is a model of my kids
relationship with God.
Talk about real things. Make it safe to talk
Relationship should evolve from parent-child to
I need to find a way to connect with my kids.
Provide dirty hands support.
Dont try and take responsibility for kids
Take responsibility for what I do?
– Josh is a gift from
God -> to teach us faith, unconditional love.
Moses was adopted.
Jesus was adopted by Joseph.
Ester 2:7-11, 20
- God ordained every day, including us adopting.
- Biological or adopted – they are ours, just the same.
- God sent his son so that we might be adopted.
- It was not cheap.
- It was forever.
- Learn not to give in fear & anxiety.
your adoptive children to sacrifice.
- Ester 4:12-14
- Mordecai was just the right teacher for Esther.
- God had a plan for Esther. God has a plan for our
“Now is our time to change the world.” – Do I believe that? Is that my goal?
Prayers in 5 languages (I think … I barely recognized enough to guess)
- English (OK – I got this one)
- Spanish (recognized over 1/2)
Songs in at least 3 languages:
Good news sharing from Asia
Here is a view from our not-so-front-row seats:
Kick off of the marrieds conference – about 18,000 disciples in San Antonio, TX.
Sam Laing & Family (Gerry – wife, David -grown son, Elizabeth – daughter)
ref Judges 2:10-15
- We have made Jesus Lord of our individual life, but we need to make Jesus Lord of our family & marriage.
- This needs to be about heart – not just about action – we need to connect heart-to-heart.
- Greatest thing to want is for our kids to have a relationship with God. Not about academics, sports, etc.
- Talking about God’s word all the time – days, conflicts, events, etc. – relate to God & the scriptures.
- Take a step back & listen to how our family talks to each other (parents as well).
Deuteronomy 16:1 – Fabric of the Family
- David Laing
- Traditions – Celebrate together!
- Remember, Celebrate!
- Do the rituals & traditions of our family glorify God?
- Does our family rejoice & celebrate God?
- How fun special is our family? (TSO 🙂 )
- Don’t label our kids – realize that our kids are testing us to see how much we love them.
- Each child needs to develop their own faith.
- I have to keep growing in my faith – I need to set the example.
Deuteronomy 7:1 – be in the world, but not of the world
- need to stay out of the world, we are in the world, not of the world
- the world hates disciples, my child will not be accepted
- But God loves them!
- Deuteronomy 9:6 – are me kids Pharasees? performance oriented
- Deuteronomy 16:21 – don’t have idols
- use sports and activites to build but not instead
- Seek the Kingdom First (Mat 6:33)
- Proverbs 22:10 – train up a child in the way they should go and when he is old he will not depart from it (does not speak to the middle – they will have hard times & will not be perfect!)